When you should consult a psychologist for your child

When you should consult a psychologist for your child

First of all, you should know that the psychologist is a professional, who through interviews and observations can understand how an individual's personality is structured, what are his strengths and weaknesses.

Of course, when there are particularly complex situations for determining the diagnosis, the psychologist can also request the intervention of a psychiatrist. In this case it is a very serious disorder and the child can be accompanied to school by a special education teacher.

It is about children or teenagers who face a critical phase of their growth.

What might make you think your child is going through a period that is causing him distress?

• The clearest sign is change. When the child shows abnormal behavior for a long time it is good to try to understand the reason.

• If you show fear, to the extent that it affects your daily habits, then it is best to consult a professional.

• They may also show changes in behaviour, for example: the child shows aggressive, impulsive behaviour, becomes uncontrollable, has difficulty concentrating or isolates himself.

• Shows physical signs such as: dizziness or vomiting, stomach pain, headache.

Cases when parents should ask for help

• Dizziness continues for several weeks.

• Does not maintain the same rhythm and the same habits in terms of appetite and sleep.

• Fails in school and does not socialize with others.

• Anxiety affects daily activities.

• Is often sad.